The Veterans Clinical Service assesses the clinical needs of individual veterans, their case management and delivery of professional support as part of the Help for Heroes Multidisciplinary Team working.
The main purpose of the Veteran’s Clinical Service is to:
- Establish effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with the regional Personnel Recovery Unit (PRUs) regarding those who may require support during and post-service transition.
- Reach out to serving personnel, veterans and their families, work with partner agencies, charities and other organisations.
- Provide clinical advice and support to beneficiaries.
- Liaise with the regional NHS building a strong relationship, scoping the potential to develop a Veterans Clinic.
- Support the NHS to maintain patient contact, especially with those who are hard to reach.
- Arrange and accompany beneficiaries to appointments at the Veteran War Injury Clinic in Salisbury.
- The Veterans Nurse supports patients in managing complex treatment pathways and actively following up individual progress.
- Liaise with other medical facilities where veterans with complex injuries are being treated.
- Work with a range of agencies and charities identifying any new opportunities to develop the regional services across Recovery.
- Ensure client confidentiality meets Data Protection and Caldicott guidance requirements.
- Advise and maintain educational opportunities with external agencies.
To find out more about the project or refer an individual for support, please email the team at [email protected] or call 01980 844280 (Weekdays, 9am-5pm)